Monday, December 20, 2010

Ribbons

Ava has been doing a "Time for Tots" group at our local library for 2-3 months now and her favorite part of Thursday mornings has got to be the RIBBONS!
So I really wanted to make her some for her stocking....I've had leftover dowel pieces (from the toy shelf Wayne & I built 3yrs ago) that I have been meaning to put to use and endless bottles of paint & spools of ribbon....BUT time, oh my, WHERE DOES IT GO???? 
I have been meaning to start this project for weeks but something else always comes up and now christmas is literally just days away...so I started this morning.



You will need:
looped screw
dowel
paint
ribbon











Step 1:  screw a looped screw
 (tecnical name?  I think not lol) 
into the end of a dowel
(you can get these at Walmart or hardware stores,
 or at the bottom of my messy craft drawer hehe)





Step 2: paint whatever colour you wish
...dry...repeat until satisfied.







Step 3:  loop ribbon through screw and Voila! 
 (btw I'm far from french lol)



Simple eh? (I am Canadian though haha)
I wonder why it took me so long to start these???

1 comment:

I always look forward to hearing others thoughts & ideas! Please feel free to leave me a message or "Follow". Thanks for stopping in! I hope your day is GREAT, Tish