Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Busy start to the New Year

 I have always been a "busy" girl...for as long as I can remember...I almost thrive off of the chaos...ALMOST lol.
So far 2011 is starting out the same as many others busy, busy, busy.  I am juggling everyday housework with my lil's (and the extra housework they create) and a part-time job and TRYING to have somewhat of a social life  AND keep up my new found "social life" on the web through blogging.

Wayne & I had the opportunity to go 4-wheeling on Sunday with another couple and what a great day!  We left early in the a.m and head just outside of town to pick up my FIL's bike. Then from his house out to explore the back trails and logging roads.  I am the driver in our family so it was a really nice break to let Wayne have a turn while I sat on the back and watched for deer & moose tracks.  It was a beautifully mild day for January in the Maritimes.  We had a couple of spurts where it rained slush but 
overall we could not ask for better!  For hours we followed tracks, did donuts and chased (on the bikes) each other in the snow, it was so much fun and super relaxing. I cannot wait to get out again!

Monday, I had to quickly catch up on my postponed housework and grocery shopping because I had my newest client (for childcare) showing up, for their first day, at lunch time.  Once my newest young fella arrived we popped some popcorn on the stovetop and sat down to watch Beauty and the Beast {one of my favorite Disney Movies}.   Then supper, then off to work and home to check my blog where I found not 1 but 2 comments saying

Congrats!!!

I was chosen to receive the Stylish blogger award and I got to pick bloggers I thought deserved the award as well and you were one of my choices

Check it out here


I was pretty excited!  Especially since I am still very new to all of this.  But I got straight to work trying to figure out who I was going to nominate in return and how on earth I was going to write 7 things about ME...not my strong suit lol.

So today I got up early (well earlier than I have been this holiday break) and got to work on my housework  phone skills (hey, I managed to make plans for Wayne's birthday dinner so not all so bad right?)  :P  ...then made the kids some breakfast on the go, Fruit smoothies and dry cereal, and set off for a playdate...came home to do housework but got distracted by my new award and decided to finish that up while the girls painted their plaster hand prints from New Years....now I am typing away still avoiding the dishes and counting down just how many minutes I have left before HAVING to start supper and get ready for work.

If this is Holiday "break"  and I'm this "busy" I can't wait until next week when school gets back in, my new lil fella starts afterschool full-time, Ainsley goes back to Cheerleading and Ava's program is back in swing at the library....I might have to just start scouting out quiet comfy HIDDEN spots to curl up for naps.

Fruit Smoothies
* I did not measure a thing this a.m I just literally dumped stuff in the blender and hit pulse*


- 1/2 fill the blender with frozen mixed berries
- dump in some vanilla yogurt (maybe 1 -1 1/2cups??)
- pour some milk over top top
Pulse for a minute and add more milk if things are moving around much. Pulse til smooth, pour into cups (we use tupperware cups with lids & straws)

1 comment:

I always look forward to hearing others thoughts & ideas! Please feel free to leave me a message or "Follow". Thanks for stopping in! I hope your day is GREAT, Tish